Tuesday, April 12, 2011

zip it.

I sat on the couch with my husband for a 30 minute conference call this morning. I took a (very) crowded train to my stop this morning and passed several people on my way into work. I checked myself in a full-length mirror after washing my hands upon arrival at work, noticing that my pants fit differently than normal. I chalked it up to the 4 pounds I've lost since December. I sat at my desk and worked for almost an hour. It wasn't until my mom called, and I got up to pace the hallway (in full view of several coworkers), that I noticed that my zipper was down.

It seems that instead of splitting my pants in the rear, as was my custom a few years ago, my new habit is to just leave the fly open instead. I wrote a previous post about my zipper problem, and I will admit that becoming an advocate for zipper awareness has helped my issues. Instead of 3-4 times a week, I'm down to about once per week. I'll head to the women's restroom, close the stall, and realize my mistake.

At this point in my employment, here, I'm pretty sure everyone in the IS department knows which pair of underpants are my favorite. They just think I'm taking the "casual" part of "business casual" a little too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment