Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The clock has started

My lawyer sent the draft order to opposing counsel this morning, with a note asking for either her signature (as to form only) or proposed changes to be given to us by next Thursday - 10 days from now. Hopefully, we'll have Scooter out here by May. Fingers crossed, people!

I found a penny on my way into work. Although this is nothing new, it was a little embarrassing. I saw the familiar sparkle of a penny out of the corner of my eye as I passed a tree landscaped in rocks. There was a man walking toward me. I stopped short, spun around, and studied the rocks. He looked at me. I had lost the penny, but I knew it was there. I bent over and searched a little harder. He stared at me. Success! I re-found the penny and picked it up. By this time, he had passed me, but had managed to continue to watch me as I stood back up and continued on my way.

Generally, people don't notice (or pretend not to notice) when I pick up my pennies. But then again, I generally don't walk past, turn around and then stare at rocks before picking up my pennies.

My husband's grandmother mentioned that fence staples might be worth more than a penny, so perhaps I should start looking for those as well. When I mentioned it to Ben, he said that if I'm going to start collecting fence staples, I should also pick up washers and/or nuts that I see lying around. Each of these arguments have their merits. And I do see quite a few errant washers when I'm walking around. I'm just wondering what the market is on those. I mean...can I sell a single fence post or washer on Craig's List? Or would it more of an item that we would keep in a jar for our own use? Could I build up a vast collection of nuts, bolts and fence staples and then open my own junk store a la Sampson and Sons? I have seen sinks and toilet seats on my walk as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment