Tuesday, April 19, 2011

what's worse than a sick husband?

A sick husband and a sick kid.

Actually, Ben was (as of the moment I left for work on Monday) feeling better. Bubba, on the other hand, barfed and/or dry heaved since the moment I left for work until about 11am or so. Poor guys.

Ben was sick all weekend. I still managed to make it to the gym both days, though. Hooray for naptime and morning cuddles. Saturday, Bubba and I went to a pancake breakfast before we all headed out to some camera stores downtown. We didn't find what Ben was looking for, though, and returned home empty-handed.

Sunday, we looked at a few houses. I really need our Omaha house to sell. I'm ready to buy out here.

Yesterday was a busy one for me at work. I did manage to get my noonish walk in, but as soon as I was several blocks from work, it started raining/sleeting. I hurried back, and as soon as I got my jacket off and sat down, the sun was shining again. It reminded me of a conversation that my friends and I had a few weeks ago regarding having a rain cloud follow you around. I think it's happening. Great.

After work, we headed to the Adidas employee store for some discounted gear. The US headquarters is here in Portland, and every once in a while, they invite my works' employees to check out their stuff at a discount. It's nice. Bubba got a pair of sambas, and Ben got some running shoes.

Today is another busy one. I had to finish a few things under the gun this morning. I felt like that programmer in Swordfish, only instead of a gun to my head, I had coffee on my desk.

I'm still gymming it up in the mornings. I've lost 6 pounds since Ben's been out here. I'm back to pre-Bubba weight. It only took 26 months to lose the 65 pounds I gained with him. No more! The number's there, but the shape is still a little wonky. I guess that's what being a 30+ year old mom will do to you. As long as I'm in tri-shape later this summer, I guess I can live with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment