Saturday, April 30, 2011

in lieu of

Scooter's not on her way here. So...in lieu of being excited to see her on Sunday, I'll be excited about seeing her on May 21st. I'm done being all depressed and dumbfounded (that gaping-mouth look is not a good one on me). There are plenty of little things I can look forward to in order to get me out of this little funk I'm in.

1. I can look forward to my hair cut on Wednesday. I really, really need to get some "before" shots taken to go with my "after" shots.
2. I can look forward to closing on my house (selling, not buying - don't get too excited).
3. I can look forward to Ben coming home (either Sunday night or Monday morning, depending on how today goes).
4. I can look forward to my dad coming to visit. Sure...it happens after Scooter comes home, but still. It's something I'm looking forward to.
5. I can look forward to going to Mexico with my in laws.

There are a few things, however, that I'm not looking forward to. We might as well balance out this happy-fest with some reality.
1. I'm not looking forward to cashing out every dime I've ever invested in my Roth.
2. I'm not looking forward to the next (or next four, depending on if there's an appeal to defend) lawyer's bills.
3. I'm not looking forward to sending Scooter back to Omaha for 2 months this summer...less than 5 weeks after I go get her.
4. I'm especially not looking forward to Mother's day next week. My daughter was the only thing I wanted this year for Mother's day.

But as a wise person once said (and I'm too lazy to actually look this one up, so you can attribute it to whoever you want), "Tough times don't last...tough people do."

I'm tough. And in 4 days, I'll have a tough-girl haircut to prove it.

1 comment:

  1. Robert Schuller has a book with that title. Not sure if he made it up or got it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete