Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coming Home

I got this song stuck in my head on my way into the gym today. Maybe not so much the "diddy" part of the song, but the chorus makes me think of Scooter. Hopefully, she'll be singing this soon:

I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
I’m coming home, I’m coming home
Tell the World that I’m coming

The ex is going to allow Scooter to spend time with my in-laws this weekend. Hallelujah! I'm pretty sure he doesn't allow Scooter to spend time with my mom because it hurts me when he makes those random decisions. I'm just thankful that she'll get to spend Easter with people who love her.

My mom cleaned up our landscaping yesterday. Hopefully, it makes a difference in the presentation of the house for prosective buyers. Ben will be back next week to mow. Maybe he should bury a statue of St. Joe while he's there. I'm ready to try anything at this point.

We took Bubba to the allergist yesterday, just to check him out. It turns out, he has no (ZERO) environmental allergies (so far...), which was great news. The bad news, though, is that he has a pretty serious allergy to cashews, which can lead to other tree nut allergies in the future, and have only a 10-15% chance of going away as he gets older. Drat. The OK news is that so far, he's been fine with other nuts (almonds, hazel nuts, brazil nuts, etc). The recommended course of action is to have him continue to eat those nuts at least weekly in small doses, so we can keep the allergy confined to just cashews. We also have to have epipens available to daycare and at home. Ugh.

And, he's had 10-12 viruses per year (thanks, daycare!), which has caused him to exhibit asthma signs. Apparently repeated exposure to viruses can also lead to asthma? At least it's not allergy-induced (yet). As soon as we're in a home, we're going to start looking hard at getting a nanny, again. Any volunteers?

No comments:

Post a Comment