Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Her heart's in Oregon

I talked to Scooter last night. I do that everynight. But last night was special. Last night I told her that Ben would be picking her up on Friday. Much elation and a HUGE sigh of relief from that end of the phone. She asked to talk to Bubba, who was sitting in his high chair waiting for food. She told him she was coming home. Not that she was going to move with us, not that she was coming out here to stay, but that she was coming home. That, and she couldn't wait to play with him. She's counting down the days. So am I.

In an attempt to further delay, the other side told my lawyer yesterday that we had worked out an arrangement for Scooter to finish the school year in Omaha. Yet ANOTHER in a long list of lies. And that one was just dumb. I mean, it's very easy to prove that I never agreed to that. We have email upon email where I don't agree with that. I asked for Scooter to stay out here after the ruling came down, for crying out loud. I balked at the ex enrolling her in a soccer season that she likely wouldn't finish. HE even said that he told the coach that Scooter would likely not finish the season...??

They also came up with last-minute "plans" to take Scooter out of town. So we'll see how all of this goes down. It could end up very badly for the ex if he doesn't comply with a court order - one that will be signed on Thursday. And, of course, the haggling over child support. That thorn in our sides will never go away (or...not until Scooter becomes emancipated, joins the armed forces, becomes of legal age in NE - 19, marries, or becomes sufficiently employed as to care for herself). I'd be willing to delay his payments until June, but my lawyer is sick of the BS. Frankly, so am I, but I've dealt with it for years, now, and I guess I'm used to just rolling over and letting him have his way. The lawyer is at the point in this relationship that he's gone from feeling sorry for the ex, to giving him the benefit of the doubt, to realizing that every one of his actions is retaliatory and immature. So...in a phrase, the lawyer is fed up, and we're not backing down as to the ex's obligation. That's also fine by me, as long as we still get Scooter this week...

Every time Ben leaves the house, Bubba asks, "Daddy get *Scooter?" And every time, I say, "no. Daddy's at the [gym, grocery, store, where ever he really is]." I can't wait to say, "YES!!! Daddy's getting *Scooter!!)

* Name changed. Bubba usually uses her real name...

2 comments:

  1. So is there going to be a party in Portland? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what time/day they'll be getting in, but Bubba and I are on the look-out for 2 bite cupcakes and a "welcome home" banner, if that's what you mean! You're welcome to come down on Sunday (if things go well), and wait it out with us!

    ReplyDelete