Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yay! And we're moving forward again.

Scooter's coming out here for her spring break this year. I'll say that again, with the ethusiasm I'm feeling about it. SCOOTER'S COMING OUT HERE FOR HER SPRING BREAK THIS YEAR!!!!! Yep. That's better. I've already purchased 6 one-way tickets to make this work logistically. Ben goes to Omaha, Ben and Scooter come back to Portland. Scooter and I go back to Omaha, I come home to Portland. It was quite the effort to look up round trip vs one way and to coordinate so that the solo flights of Ben and myself got us to where we needed to be for our accompanying flights with Scooter. But it's done. Settled. Awesome.

We're going to have a terrific week, too. All sorts of plans. Some of which are secret plans, to be announced later. I'm so pumped. I'm also heading back to Omaha on the 25th of this month, about 10 days away. I'm excited about that, too. I'll be there when Scooter gets out of school on Friday, and I'll stay until after school on Monday.

In other exciting news (for some), our very own Vicky really is pregnant. The pre-natals were probably a hint. Scooter confirmed last night. The whole thing is very odd. Vicky sets up the skype session several weeks ago (with her pre-natals in the computer room. They were actually right beside the computer), where Scooter picked up the bottle to show the camera. It was awkward. I didn't really show any reaction. Was I supposed to ask her about it? Because I didn't. Last night, Scooter made the announcement. Due date: late September, early October. That's right, folks, this thing is still 7 and a half months away, but they're already telling me about it. Kind of early to start telling people, given Vicky's age, if you ask me. But nobody did, so I was excited for Scooter, even if I did get a little dig in via email later last night. I guess that explains why Vicky looked like hell at the trial. The first trimester is rough time.

The announcement was also kind of awkward. Right after Scooter told me about it, I could hear her dad in the background say something and Scooter answer, "yes" to whatever he said. Kind of makes me wonder if there was some coaching on that end of the line. But you know what? I don't care. It's not dampening my spirits one bit. Because SCOOTER'S COMING OUT HERE FOR...ok. You get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment