Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brrr. Kind of

It was 30 degrees when I started my commute this morning. Chilly! Except it was -5 when I left Omaha yesterday, and I was wearing the same number of layers today, so it actually felt pretty nice. Like...35 degrees warmer, which is like going from 60-95, but totally different.

I realized on my way in today that I might feel sick to my stomach for the next couple of months until I know one way or another. After the first day of trial, I cried for a few days, and then we settled back into a routine of living our lives one day at at time. I'm hoping that I'm able to do that again, but right now, I feel sick all the time. I feel on the verge of tears at any moment - like if my boss asks me how I'm doing, I'm just going to burst into tears. And I've been having trouble sleeping. Normally, I win the "race" to sleep with my husband. It's kind of out of necessity because if he wins, his snoring makes it that much harder for me to fall asleep. Lately, I've been losing, and then once I fall asleep, I've been unable to stay asleep. I'll wake up, and just lie there. It's annoying, and I'm sure it's not helping my emotional state.

In happier news, our house, which has been on the market for months, now is scheduled to have 2 showings this week. One was yesterday and one will be on Friday. The weird news about that is that we kind of trashed the house when we were back there this week. The plan was for me to go back and clean like crazy the next time I visit Scooter. But now, we've got people walking through there. I hope they can look past the mess and see the house for its potential. Please, please, please buy the house!!

The only way selling the house is a bad thing is if we sell it at more of a loss than I am estimating, and we lose the court case and have to move back and/or pay the ex's attorney's fees. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe even if we sell at a slight loss, and still have $25,000 of other expenses on top of the house, it'll be worth it just to not have to make a house payment every month, anymore. House payment, trash, water, heat, electricity...yeah. Maybe we just need to unload this thing, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment