Friday, February 18, 2011

Ugh. Gross

I've been experiencing the "flight or fight" response on and off for about 6 months, now. Generally, it's been centered around some new news or development with my on-going struggle to leave Omaha behind for the (much) greener pastures of the Pacific Northwest. I've gone weeks without feeling the familiar flip of my stomach and tingle as the blood leaves my extremeties. Not anymore.

It's been 10 days since the last day of the trial. 10 days since it came to a "close." 10 days since the judge said, "Get in line. I have a 500 case backlog before I can rule on yours." It's been 10 days, and I still have almost a constant flip and tingle. Luckily, I'm not teary (all the time) anymore, but I'm having an extremely difficult time settling back into the routine of life this time. What's that song? The Waiting is the Hardest Part?...

No comments:

Post a Comment