Friday, February 4, 2011

Things that make me go "hmm"

Ok, I know that title stinks. I'm sorry, but I really am sitting here wondering what just happened.

If you're at all embarrassed by female bodily functions, you might want to stop reading right now. In fact...that sentence kind of makes me want to stop typing right now. But this is really weird, so I have to keep going. Before going into the restroom, I slipped a tampon and panty liner into my pocket. The tampon is the super cute clicky kind that my sister had on our trip to STL this summer. The novelty of them (and the fact that they're somewhat discrete) convinced me to buy a pack to keep in my purse for days like this.

Anyway, I got into the stall, took the tampon out of my pocket and kind of just dropped into my pants somewhere - you know, for easy access when I needed it. Long story short, I decided I didn't really need it. So I pulled my pants up, assuming it was still in my pocket, and went about my way. As I was washing my hands, I wondered where that sucker had gone. It was no longer in my pocket, and it was not on the floor of the bathroom. I thoroughly checked myself out in the full length mirror and also gave myself a TSA-style pat-down. Nothing. Now I'm back at my desk, wondering where that thing could have gone and whether or not it's going to turn up and embarrass me in my cube. Like...fall out of my pant leg as my boss walks by or something.

I guess I'm the latest victim of whatever it is stalking the women's bathrooms around here. Every week, we get emails similar to this:  "Ladies! If anyone lost a silver hoop earring in the lower level bathroom, come to my desk to claim." Every week. It's a joke around here.  "Ladies! Someone left their glock in the bathroom. If you're missing it, come to my desk to claim!" or "Ladies! Someone left their small child in the upper level bathroom. Email me with a description to have it returned." Tomorrow, we'll get the inevitable "Ladies! One of you left an unopened tampon in the 2nd floor hallway. Come to my desk to claim." Only, I'll be too embarrassed to actually claim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment