Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2 weeks

It's been two weeks since the last day of the trial. It seems like a lifetime. Since then, I've successfully negotiated for spring break (hooray!), found out that the ex and Vicky are preggers (EW!), and found a new hair dresser. Actually, I'm not really sure about the hair dresser, yet. I'll find out tomorrow (if there's no snow).

The news people kind of freak out about weather around here. If there is an iota of a remote chance of snow, it's reason to shout at us for 3 weeks prior to the big weather event. From what my coworkers tell me, if the weatherman has predicted it, it doesn't happen. Either it doesn't happen until days (or weeks) later, or it doesn't happen at all. We've already experienced this phenomenon this year. But the weatherman keeps telling us that this time, it's for real. There will really be snow on "THE VALLEY FLOOR!!!" That's a big deal around here. I guess a few years ago an unexpected snow storm caused over 1500 drivers to abandon their vehicles on highways. Buses were stuck. It was chaos. And they're promising more of the same with 6 inches ON THE VALLEY FLOOR expected this week.

I'm scared that my hair appointment will be canceled. I'm more scared that my flight will be canceled. They don't have plows in Portland. They don't salt the roads. They are not prepared for even 2 inches of snow. Here's to hoping that the weatherman is wrong. Again.

1 comment:

  1. This insurance commercial accurately sums up Seattle's (and I'm guessing Portland's) opinion of snow.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7zptjhuVe4

    ReplyDelete