Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Story of my life.

Every year, people ask me what I want for Christmas.  Generally, either I can't think of a single thing, or the one thing I want is thousands of dollars - not really appropriate to ask a new boyfriend for a new car or new mattress set.  This year, however, the one year that Christmas is going to be small to non-existent for the adults in the family, I have a huge long list.  The weird thing is that most of my list centers around my feet...

1.  New work socks.  This does not mean that they have to be boring.  I regularly wear the bright orange socks with green toes and heels that I got last year.  It's just that, since I'm now wearing business casual everyday, I go through socks a lot faster than I used to.  I've already thrown 3 pairs away since moving 2 months ago.

2.  A pair of galoshes.  I walk 2 miles for my commute everyday.  And suddenly, I've been doing that in the rain and ruining the bottoms of my pants.  I'd like to protect myself a little bit on the walk to and from the train.

3.  A pair of dark brown shoes.  Just like my franco sartos (black penny-loafer looking things), but brown.  So I can wear them with my awesome brown pants.

4.  A rain coat.  This is not mandatory.  Just a whim.  Of course, nothing on this list is really mandatory.

5.  Any sort of "work" clothing.  Mostly shirts or tops, though.  Preferably the kind that doesn't require ironing (light sweaters, etc). 

I know you're all dying to go out and get me some cute sweater sets.  I prefer boring colors:  beige, off white, black, or brown.  but I also love a splash of color now and then:  maroon, pink, periwinkle, light blue....

No comments:

Post a Comment