Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween (a little late...)

Halloween came and went in Portland and Omaha.  Bubba was a super superman.  Scooter was a better than fair fairy.  I'll post some pictures later tonight, so be sure to check back in.  



In Portland, it rained all day Saturday, but Sunday (Halloween) was beautiful.  We drove down to Sweet Home and looked at cows, horses, and dogs (oooo, neeee, oof-ooof) at Ben's aunt and uncle's house.  On the way home, we saw some sheep in a field (baaah).  I think we all had fun. 

The apartment is starting to come together.  After an initial push last week, where we were emptying boxes like it was going out of style, we’re down to about 2 per night.  Last night was the last of the “bathroom” boxes.  It’s amazing how much soap, bath toys, hair gear and creams a single family can acquire over the years.  The goal now is to use all of this stuff up before we buy anymore of anything.  And when we do buy more, we’ll think twice about buying in bulk.  I know.  It’s depressing.  I LOVE saving 3 cents per bar of soap when I buy 20 of them.  That’s a 60 cent savings! 

I think tonight, I’ll try to tackle some of the kids’ toys and books.  Scooter has a lot of books.  A lot.  She has read each of them at least once, and Bubba is ready to start listening to many of them, but still.  Do a 7 and almost 2 year old really need 8 boxes of books?  Why, yes!  Especially when they have a mother who does not like her kids watching TV.  I’m excited about getting the last bit of everything put away.  It’ll be harder now that Ben is gone though.  He left today to head back to Omaha.  Hopefully, he’ll sell that house soon. 

We had potentially good news yesterday *** insert potentially good news here ***.  We’ll know more later in the week.  Thursday, to be exact, which is also the day I take my first certification exam.  Hopefully, it’s good news all around.  I won’t find out about the certification until sometime next week, though.  Most likely by Wednesday or Thursday.  I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next 10 days.  I hope it doesn’t disrupt my ability to do anything else, like pick up coins in the street.  I was dismayed for a while, as I've been stuck on 60 cents found for a week or so.  Today, I found a quarter (my first quarter!), which brings my total up to 85 cents.  I'm 15 cents away from a whole dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment