Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Forward movement

Bubba stayed in bed all night last night.  He didn't necessarily sleep all night, but I'll take what I can get.  The past week, since his dad went back to Omaha, he's gotten up while I've been in the shower.  That wouldn't be a problem, except it's very unsettling to step out of the shower, open the bathroom door and see a little kid standing there.  He doesn't cry.  He just stands there, looking up at the door and then me.  Poor baby.  I usually scoop him up and lay down with him until he falls back asleep.  Occasionally, I chase him around the apartment while he looks under the chairs, couch, desk, etc for his dad or Scooter.  Once I do pick him up, he points around at various places that he may have missed where his dad or sister could be hiding.  They're never there. 

We'll eventually settle back in and sleep.  Sometimes.  Last night, I got out of the shower, opened the door, and heard him snoring in my room.  Success!  I got in bed and fell asleep pretty quickly, but I was the one who woke up several times.  I mostly needed to check on Bubba to make sure he was still sleeping.  He was.  He got up once to toss around and kick, but other than that, he slept like a baby.  And every once in a while, in his sleep, he'll say, "daddy?  yee-yee?" and then snore some more. 

5 more weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment