Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm thmart!

I did something smart today:  instead of wearing my work shoes on my commute, I wore my light hikers.  I also figured out the mechanics of a cardboard box, but that might not be something to be super proud of.
1.  My feet didn't get wet (gortex uppers are awesome!)
2.  I didn't slip on any of the mushy leaves that were in my path.

It wasn't all gumdrops and unicorns, though.  I noticed some heel/foot/ankle pain last night.  I was hoping that wearing a better pair of shoes for walking would help.  It really didn't.  And, since I was over-confident in my hikers, I took the footpath from the train station back to my parking lot to get the car so I could pick up Bubba 8 minutes faster.  It worked.  I was faster.  But the footpath was really a mud path.  And the grass next to the path (where I walked) was so soggy that the mud kind of sprung up when I walked on the grass.  My feet were dry, but I kicked up some mud onto my work pants.  Luckily, they are not my dry-clean only pants.

Bubba is finally adjusting nicely to daycare.  It was rough for a couple of weeks, there, as he got used to life without a nanny and daddy around all the time.  We printed out 10 pictures of Ben, Scooter, Bubba and me and brought them in on Monday.  Linda, his main afternoon caregiver, put contact paper over them to protect them, and they let him carry a couple of them around during the day.  She said that Tuesday at about 10am, something just clicked, and he started playing really nicely and quit crying and asking about daddy and his sister.  Everyday this week has been better than the day before, and today when I picked him up, he didn't have one tear.  He said, "MAMA!" and smiled before running toward me.  As he got closer, it almost turned to crying, but it didn't.  He just gave me a big hug.  Yay!  I hope spending Thanksgiving surrounded by his family doesn't cause a relapse.

1 comment:

  1. Aaah- and there's half the answer to my question. Ha. Good change with the hikers. I admit that it makes me feel like an old lady but hey...I guess we are.

    ReplyDelete