Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Not really.  I'll still have hair tomorrow.  It just won't be as awesome as my hair was today.  I straightened it, as usual, but instead of just letting it hang there like I normally do, today I put it up.  It was a weird, 1/2 french twist that I've done since my days in the military (not in uniform, of course), when I was sick of buns or braids.  You start like a french twist (hold it like you're going to make a pony tail, then twist up), then secure it 1/2 way up with a big barrette, so the rest of your hair flops over, hiding the barrette, and hangs loose.  It kind of looks like a high pony tail, but your hair looks shorter than it really is.  Since I had straightened my hair, it kind of looked like a hair explosion back there - all spiky and straight.  I looked like I had real-life Asian hair.  Finally!  It was handy, especially since today was so warm.  I might do it tomorrow, so my hair doesn't get in my way while taking my first certification exam.  I have a feeling that it won't be the same, though.  I hope I'm ready!  And I hope I know whether or not I passed before next Friday.

Guess who slept in his own crib last night?!  For the whole night!!  Yep, that's right.  It was the first time since Bubba came back here with me on the 24th of October.  What a big boy.  His transition time at daycare is getting better, too.  This morning, he cried as soon as we pulled up to the building, but when we got inside, he gave me a hug, hopped down, and started playing with the train set.  He did start crying again when I hugged him good-bye, though.  And when I picked him up, he was sitting nicely with the other kids, and only started crying after I talked to him.  When I picked him up and told him to say "bye-bye" to his friends, though, he immediately stopped crying and started waving.  We're getting there.  Baby steps.

I've been doing some work on the big issue in my life.  I'd like to knock all of this stuff out and coast for a week or two, but I have a feeling that the real work is only beginning.  I really hope that this will all soon be a distant, weird memory.

0 boxes were emptied tonight.  Too much other stuff to work on.  That, and Bubba, Ben and I skyped for about 45 minutes.  Bubba kept showing Ben his big belly (he ate a good dinner tonight!).  He cried after the "call" was over, and kept pointing at the computer and saying, "daddy?"  Maybe tomorrow, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment