Saturday, November 13, 2010

Slacker

It's been a while since I've posted anything.  I've kind of been having a  life-induced writer's block.  I've been super busy with stuff even more mundane than what I normally write about.  I had to work in Vancouver for two days last week:  Thursday and Friday.  We recently had a hospital go live on Epic.  It was our first.  They started on November 1st, which meant that the IS department ran 24 hour operations for two weeks.  I was supposed to do at least one 12 hour shift, but since there is no such thing as a daycare that runs for 14 hours, I finagled a deal with a coworker in which we split 2 shifts.  I took the 7am-1:30pm part, and he did 1:30-7:30pm.  It worked out pretty well, but I did learn that I never want to work in Portland and live in Vancouver or vice versa.  There are a lot of people who do that, but I will never be one of them.  The commute is too awful. 

Thursday, after my shift, I came home, printed off a document, got it notarized and faxed it off.  Friday, I came home, printed off a different document, signed it and faxed it off as well as mailed the doc from Thursday.  I also spent way too much time printing other stuff and redacting much of it.  Today, Bubba and I mailed about 1/2 a ream of paper to my husband.  Hopefully, it was enough. 

Today is November 13th, which means that one month from this moment, I'll be flying back here to Portland, either crying tears of joy or anguish.  I'm obviously hoping for joy, but my husband and I started thinking about what to do if it's anguish tonight.  So much planning to do.  I hope we won't have to execute any of those plans.  I'm ready for life to get back on track.  I'm ready to start saving some money again, rather than just spending it.  And I'm ready for my family to be a family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment