Monday, October 25, 2010

who's that lady?

...sexy lady.  Rob--you'll know what I'm talking about.  Not really.

I have been here long enough, and I have a pretty standard schedule to the point that I recognize certain faces on my way into or home from work.  The mile + that I walk to and from the train stop afford me plenty of opportunity to smile and say, "good morning" or "good afternoon" to random strangers that I feel a bond with since I see them at least 3 times a week.  Not to mention the characters that ride the train with me. 

On my way into work, there's a girl (probably late 20s?) who runs everyday.  She usually is just leaving her apartment as I walk by, so she darts out in front of me and takes off.  Only, she's not that fast, so I kind of stalk-follow her for a couple of blocks before she turns right and I go straight.  She reminds me of a girl that started at Offwire a few weeks before I left, so I always want to say, "hey, carrie" when she runs by.  I don't, though.  It'd probably WAAYY freak her out. 

The next person I see is a person who I'm 78% sure is a female to male transgendered person.  He's super feminine looking, but he's got a lot of facial hair (full beard).  Also, he's just stuffed into his clothes, like he recently gained about 25-30 pounds, but never bought new shirts to compensate.  He's very shy.  I've been trying to make eye contact and say hello since about day 2, so of course, by now he's completely scared of me.  I've seen him cross the street so he doesn't actually have to walk past me.  My heart soared a few weeks ago, when I smiled and he smiled, but since then, it's gone down hill.  I still vow that by the February, I'll have gotten him to say something, so I can hear his voice and be sure of my suspicions.

Today, I forgot my work badge.  I also forgot my drivers license.  The weird thing is that I remembered my purse and my wallet.  It just so happened that I didn't have my name badge in my purse, and I had taken my license out of my wallet for traveling yesterday.  Oops.  So even though a bunch of people see me everyday at work, and even though I work in the basement, totally tucked away from anyone, I was still advised to get a visitor's badge so I wouldn't be harassed by random employees in the hallways.  Because it does happen.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment