Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No train

Today was a really nice day out.  After looking at my car this morning and wondering if I should drive, I took the train into work, as usual, and I spent my lunch break outside.  Yesterday, the marketing people sent around emails saying that we should plan our routes home from work carefully, as Obama is in town today to speak at the convention center.  I pretty much ignored the emails, since the convention center is east of my work, and I live to the west.  As it turns out, after the President landed, they stopped train service and bus service around the convention center.  No biggie, right?  Except the train that I take that runs west has to go right by there.  I ended up riding the bus home.  It was a beautiful ride, through the hills. 

The people weren't quite as beautiful, though.  I saw a woman hand her 2 year old son cheetos as a snack, while she poured pepsi into his sippy cup.  I wanted to cry.

I started trying to call Scooter at about 8:20 tonight, since she hadn't called me yet.  A mere 5 calls to various people (including messages left with her dad and her dad's girlfriend) later, Scooter called me around 8:45.  Since it was so late, our call got cut off after about 5 minutes by her dad's girlfriend.  That happened yesterday, too.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment