Sunday, October 24, 2010

Home again, home again jiggity jog

I took a day or so off the blogging to head back to Omaha and help pack the truck before giving my saintly husband a quick kiss as he took off with the moving truck to parts unknown.  Actually, he's heading to these parts.  But he doesn't have a map or any written directions or access to google while driving, so it may as well be unknown for him. 

I took the brutal flight back to Omaha, again, leaving my apartment at 8:20pm, and arriving in Omaha at 7:30am.  I slept more on this go-round than I did the last time, though, which helped me stay awake through a 13 hour day packing boxes and trucks.  Sadly enough, we were about 10 "casemate" boxes short.  If only I had worked at Offwire for one more day...  I guess that's what you get when you have way too much stuff. 

Today, Ben left early (6ish?  maybe earlier?), and the kids and I slept in until 8.  When Scooter got back from church, we picked up a little and then headed to the zoo.  None of us realized that it was halloween day at the zoo.  The place was teaming with children.  We saw a lot of witches, Harry Potters, Iron Men, scream charatcters, etc.  Whenever we couldn't figure out what a costume was, my mom would announce that it was Lady Gaga.  After the 2nd or 3rd time of this, I laughed, and my mom stated quite seriously, "Well...lady gaga has several different 'looks'."  That she does, mom.  Good call.  I'm just not sure that a grown woman with glittery hair and a "wifey for lifey" actually qualifies as dressing up as anything, much less the lady of gaga.

After the zoo and a trip to a park so the kids could get the stink off, we headed to the airport.  I brought Bubba back with me on this trip.  He was a dream on the flights (kind of).  He was a dream for the other passengers, but kind of annoying for his mother.  It was all peek-a-boo and smiles with the lady sitting behind us, which meant a lot of him standing on me or leaning WAAAYY over.  But at least he didn't scream the whole time.  He was a little (a lot) leery when we first arrived to the apartment.  He refused to get out of his stroller.  I finally got the boy in bed, but it was all up-down, roll, giggle for a while.  He's having a hard time of this.  Hopefully, Ben will find these unknown parts tomorrow, so we can get a real spot for Bubba to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment