Monday, October 18, 2010

Book Review

My current "train reading" is "A Diary of a Girl" by Anne Frank. It's convenient because the "chapters" are short enough for me to pause and make sure I haven't over-shot my stop. But it does make me want to apologize to anyone who may be reading my blog. I'm sorry I'm not as compelling or well written as a 13 year old girl.

In my defense, you could pile up all the experiences in my life, and none would be as interesting as the subject matter that Anne writes about. I've only gotten about 2 months into her journal, and I'm already wishing my train commute was 40 minutes instead of 17. To anyone who read this book in high school or earlier, read it again. It's amazing what a little college history and "Band of Brothers" can do to put some of Anne's experiences in context. I feel like I'm understanding this book for the first time as I read it through more knowledgeable eyes.

I will work harder to be a better writer, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment