Monday, October 25, 2010

Back to work blues

Even though we didn't take the super late flight home yesterday, it was still a late night for me.  Not to mention it was an all-nighter Friday night, packing for a long time on Saturday, and then sleeping on the floor with 3 other people that night.  As far as weekends go, it was kind of like college all over again, only I'm way too old for that nonsense.  This morning, I drank my mugs of coffee like they were shots.  Head back, throat open, coffee down.  Repeat.  Even with the extra caffeine booster, I nodded off a couple of times at my desk.  Hopefully tomorrow goes a bit better.

Today was Bubba's first (again) day at daycare.  He hasn't been since before he turned 1.  So it's been a good 9 months or so since he's be able to play with other kids and follow a strict routine throughout the day.  I dropped him off around 6:30, and got him a little acclimated before taking off.  Ben and I picked him up together after Ben got into town and we got the storage unit rented.  The poor thing was quietly reading a book with a teacher, and when he saw us, he burst into tears.  "Mama!"  (cry-cry-cry)  "Daddy!"  (more tears).  It was pretty sad and pathetic.  But he actually had a really good first day.  He had a good nap (we were worried, since he kind of likes to be in the action), and he ate all of his meals.  Nice work!  Hopefully, this turns out to be a good fit.  Sometimes, kids that age just save up all the emotion for when they are comfortable enough to express them, ie, when they are with their parents.  It's nice to know we're still needed.  I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment