Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Saying to chew on

While at Powell's books today, I browsed the magnets. It's what I do.  I love those things.  I found one that struck a chord with me, and I think I'll add it to my arsenal of positive things to think about on bad days.

"What if we just acted like everything was easy"  --Mary Anne Racmacher

I also have 3 magnets that I used to keep at work.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"  --Anon

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right."  --Henry Ford

"Well behaved women rarely make history."  That one is unattributed, but I'm guessing it sounds like something Eleanor Roosevelt would say.

So anyway, I'm just going to continue to move forward, behaving badly and pretending it's easy.  I think you should, too.

1 comment:

  1. The well behaved women rarely make history comment was in my "Fabulous Broads Quote-a-day"
    calendar a few years back. I think it was from a noted feminist, but don't recall her name. (ha - really well noted then, huh?) Other faves include:

    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap" - Dolly Parton

    "There are men I could spend an eternity with. But not this life." - Kathleen Norris

    "In my heart of hearts, I always know that God comes first. But in my body of bodies, some urges can be asolutely irresistable." - Dolly

    "A guy will listen to anything if he thinks it's foreplay" - Susan Surandon in Bull Durham

    ReplyDelete