Monday, October 25, 2010

watch me flex

So I got the notice late last week that in order to save some money at the office, we're going to have to flex.  Of course, I immediately get mental images of the guys I work with standing in front of mirrors.  But that's not what HR meant (obviously)...the mental scenario alone was enough for me to want to talk to someone about a hostile work environment.  They meant that we have to take vacation.  And a lot of it.  40 hours between September 10th and March 31st.  Unfortunately, I won't have 40 hours of vacation accrued by then.  Fortunately, they will allow us to use budgeted people who might not actually work in our departments, yet.  So there's a whole person who we will count from September-March.  I think it'll cover all of our flexing, and none of us will actually have to take our shirts off.

No comments:

Post a Comment