Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good men are hard to find; pennies are not.

My husband has been living in Omaha, with either one or two kids for five weeks, now.  He's working, getting the house packed and ready for sale, and single-handedly raising his son and sometimes step daughter.  I am beyond proud to call him my husband.  We talk everyday.  Multiple times.  He usually calls in the morning to make sure I got up.  Today, I was running late and had JUST gotten up when he called.  I usually call at lunch time and right when I get off work.  And then we talk one or two times in the evening.  I'm pretty sure we'll both have brain tumors when this whole thing is said and done, but it's worth it.  What's that saying?  Absence makes the heart go wander?  Just kidding. 

Today during his lunch, he picked up the moving truck.  This evening, my mom came over as did one of Ben's friends, and they packed all the heavy stuff.  The rest of it will probably get done this weekend, while I'm home.  He has done such an amazing job while under such a tremendous amount of stress.  I can't wait until we can all be together under one roof.

Scooter is coming home tomorrow to say good bye to the nanny.  She doesn't have school, and it's supposed to be a pretty nice day for some bike riding.  She's hoping that more leaves fall off the trees, so she can crunch them with her bike.  I'm excited because that means I might be able to skype with them on Thursday AND Friday, and then I'll be home on Saturday.  This was such a long stretch without seeing my family.


I found a penny on my way home today.  I have found probably $0.45 in mulch beds, and today was more of the same.  I am beginning to wonder if there is some sort of superstition around here regarding putting coins in flower beds.  Like...they are little monuments to someone's dead grandmother or something.  Either that, or the copper in the pennies helps break down dog poo faster.  Eeewwww...

No comments:

Post a Comment