Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is it breezy in here?

Since coming to Portland, my butt has been cold, and not in the "your butt is so stupid" kind of way.  I mean, my rear end has been chilly.  First of all, I don't have any furniture in my house to sit on.  My sister in law was so kind to let me borrow one of her camping chairs, which I've been sitting on everyday.  I have also refused to turn the heat on in here.  I will turn on the baseboard heater in the bedroom when I sleep at night, but other than that, it's pretty cool in the apartment.  One thing I've learned in this experience is that these chairs are breathable.  And my butt gets cold at night. 

During the day, I work.  The office is a large room with 8 other people (give or take, as we work from home 6 days per month).  The room starts out warm in the morning, but by 10 or so, it's pretty cool in there as well.  The boys in the office run 2 fans pretty much all day.  The chairs in the office are those awesome, ergonomic kind that are mesh.  I had one at my old job that had a mesh back, but the seat part was cushioned.  These ones are all mesh.  They're breathable, too.  Extremely breathable.  And my butt is cold during the day.

I'm already paranoid about cool bottoms.  I mean, I did split the bottoms out of 4pairs of pants in a 3 year time span.  I am pretty much an expert on what a cold butt means.  Portland isn't an exceptionally cool place to live, but my backside wouldn't know it.  I might have to start wearing fleece underpants just to regulate my body heat - and protect against anymore accidental moonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment