Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturdays are for lounging

And that is what I did. I had trouble sleeping last night after I got home. I yutzed around on the computer (posting blogs and photos), and finally went to bed around 1:30 or so my time. And then I couldn't fall asleep. I finally did, but not without a fair amount of tossing and turning. This "morning," Ben woke me up at 11 or 11:30. yipes! I ate some breakfast, unpacked a little, had some lunch, and talked to Ben a few times on the phone. Then, I went to go get my hair trimmed. It didn't actually happen, but I have an appointment for Tuesday.

I found a nickel on the sidewalk! Coupled with the penny I found last night, I'm up to 59 cents so far in Portland. Not bad! Scooter* came home with Ben after soccer today, and they hit the Wabash Trace for some bike riding...well, Scooter rode and Ben ran. Between last weekend and this weekend, Ben was FINALLY able to teach that girl how to ride a bike. We started when she was 4. It only took three years for her to catch on, but catch on she did! They ended up biking/running 4 miles, and she's able to get herself going, now. She's free! All she has to do is ask to make sure someone knows, and she can do the rest herself. Nice! She asked if she could get some bike gloves when she moves out to Portland. That's my girl.

I got Bubba* a halloween costume today. It's a Superman costume. I went to the Halloween store in the mall where GI Joes outdoor store used to be. It was filled with "sexy" lady's halloween costumes, and the selection for kids - especially Bubba sized kids was pretty limited. Batman, cowboy, robin, dracula, or superman. Robin was $10 more, so I went with Superman. It has a cape. I laughed when I saw the selection for women, though, as Jessica and I were just laughing about the ridiculous "sexy" costumes they have these days. I did not see sexy gorilla, but I did see sexy ladybug. Seriously?

And since I did all my traveling by foot today, I still have over half a tank of gas from when I gassed up when I first got into town.  If I were still in Omaha, I'd be 4 tanks down.




*I changed my kid's names because I love them. If you know me personally, you know my kids.  If you're a random, it doesn't matter what my kids are named.  Right?

1 comment: