Thursday, October 21, 2010

Genius in the making

I took one of my study guides' practice tests today.  85% is passing, and I got an 87%.  I took 2 points off my total when I checked my answers.  It was a timed practice test.  I had 30 minutes to complete it, and I took 22.  The first one I got wrong, I knew was wrong when I answered it (it was a true/false question), but then I talked myself into leaving it because I wondered if it was a trick.  Oops.  The second one I actually got right.  I had to list and link the tables to create a fake report.  I had all the tables I was supposed to, and I linked 4 of them correctly, but I missed the last one by making it a left outer join instead of a right outer join (which reminds me of a joke, but I'll spare you the groans).  It was a 2 point question, so I took a point off (we're allowed partial credit).  Maybe I should have taken .5 of a point off, but I was being tough.  So I passed.  Kind of. 

The other super smart thing I did today was learned something else new about my iPod.  I've had this thing for about 3 years, now.  It has 3996 songs on it.  On the drive out here 5 weeks ago, I learned how to shuffle the songs.  Although it's about a 24 hour drive, I barely made a dent in the number of songs I heard.  Mostly because I didn't realize that if you shut the iPod off all the way, it resets the shuffle.  Oops.  I learned last week, that if you just PAUSE the song, and the iPod shuts itself off, it'll remember where it was when you turn it back on.  Today, I learned that I can make a playlist on my ipod, without having to go through itunes on my computer.  And not only that, but I can also make it shuffle the playlist.  I know, I know.  Things I probably should have figured out by now, but I'm proud of myself for learning my new-fangled gadgets.  Maybe tomorrow, I'll tackle the pager they issued me at work a month ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment