Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hope you saved the receipts for Christmas...

I received a depressing "happy holidays" email from the CEO earlier this week. Like...really depressing. Foreboding, even. That was followed up yesterday by "the talk" by my director to the rest of my portion of the department. There will be some severe lay offs made by March. Like...16% of non-care providers. Normally, I'd be freaking out. As it is, I'm pretty comfortable. First off, I have 2 certifications which make me very marketable in the industry right now. Secondly, I look around and can see a number of people who should be laid off before me. Lastly, my manager pretty much loves me. I think worst case is, I'll be re-purposed w/in the department. Best case, I jump ship for a higher paying job. :) It's sad, though. This is a really great company to work for, and a place I'm proud of. So...if you're a healthcare provider with Epic and are in need of a clarity certified report writer and are willing to pay more than $70k per year, leave me a comment. Otherwise, say a prayer for me.

I've had a number of people comment on how much this sucks in light of the sacrifices my family has made in order for us to come out here. I agree. I wonder if managers and department heads take sob stories into account when making these decisions. If they did, they'd be hard pressed to find a sobbier story than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment