Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh. Nevermind

So...that really wasn't my 100th blog post. I have 3 fakey-jake blogs that I haven't actually posted. So, we're about 2 more blogs away from celebrating 100. I guess that means we can party it up again later this week. Except that I didn't actually party yesterday. And I won't later this week, either.

Today's 4 weeks since the trial. Still no word. The judge (lawyer? it's hard to remember at this point) said it'd be at least 8 weeks, but I'm still waiting. Like it might happen at any moment. My phone will ring, my email will refresh, and I'll know. But it hasn't, and I don't. In fact, my judge has been kind of busy lately.  I guess with stuff like that to consider, it's hard to care about a family and the welfare of a seven year old who isn't being abused in her current situation. Argh. At least we're less than 2 weeks away from Scooter coming out here. 10 days, in fact, until she's out here. And then we're in for some fun! She thinks we're going to sit around and do nothing, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

In other news, my CIO "connected" (?) with me on linked in today. Weird and scary, huh? I'm sure he just looked up anyone with Legacy Health in their profile and "linked" (?) with them, but still. It was different when I was with OFFWIRE and was managed directly by a vice president. This guy is a level (or two?) above VP. There's probably 4 levels between him and me. So that was interesting. It makes me want to say, "hey Glen" when I walk by. But, of course, I'll just smile nicely. Oh, who am I kidding. I never pass him in the hall. But if I do, I'll just smile nicely. It's how I do. Kind of.

In happy news, the work that I've been doing for the past week has upgraded our "readiness" rating from a red (bad) to a yellow (still not great). It's better than nothing, though, and myself and one of my coworkers will continue to plug away until we're a green. We have until April. I hope we can make it happen. It would help if certain people wouldn't cancel two weeks' worth of meetings. We kind of need those to know what we're doing.

Argh. Slow news day. Sorry 'bout that, guys. Hopefully, I'll be smart and witty tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment