Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cortisol: it's what's for dinner

It is not possible for life to be easy. We all should know that by now, right? But, alas, I am an optimist. I guess I should start up again where we left off on the last post. We made it home from Disneyland after finding out we won our court case.

I called the ex to see if I could just keep Scooter out here and start her in school. I was told 'no.' (there were other words, too, but this is a family blog). So Scooter and I flew back to Omaha early on Saturday morning. On the way back, I asked Scooter what her favorite part of the trip was

S: Right now, sitting quietly with you. Oh, wait. No. The trip out with Ben.
Me: Seriously? We went to Disneyland and the beach!
S: I know. But with Ben, the trip was just beginning.

Ugh. Let's get ice cream.

The in-laws picked us up in Omaha, and we spent the rest of the day playing games and smiling. After dinner, we took Scooter back to her dad's. His car was parked in front of the house. The door to the house was locked, so we had to ring the doorbell. I gave Scooter a quick hug and kiss before the door opened, and Vicky pulled Scooter inside and grabbed the backpack out of my hand.


Vicky
 Awkward. The ex was no where to be seen. Apparently, not man enough to face the wicked witch of the west (that's me, in case you're wondering).

This interesting dance contest we're in keeps getting faster and more complicated. Or at least more heated and expensive. I was informed today that he's "definitely" going to appeal. I kind of already figured that. I kind of am not looking forward to the expense of defending an appeal. Or the time and worry. Or any of it. I never wanted to go to court. I don't know how it is possible that 2 grown adults are unable to interact. I guess it requires 2 grown adults to actually want to engage in an open, HONEST dialog. It gets harder when one of those adults is completely unable to be honest.

The bright side is that I have a lawyer who has a firm grasp of reality and caselaw...

No comments:

Post a Comment