Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today's song

In case you missed it in August, I'm on a Jens Lekman kick. He's great. For a while, I had switched to Richard Hawley, but I had to go back to Jens.

It's nice, fall music. Or something. Plus, he's Swedish, and who doesn't love the Swedes. I guess he came to Seattle earlier this month, and I missed it. I was probably listening to Richard at the time. ha ha ha.

Anyway, I forgot my book this morning, so I was "stuck" staring at people on the train. Luckily, the blind man that caught my eye yesterday was riding again today. Yesterday, he had an e-reader (well...some electronic braile device). Today, it was a regular braile book. Fascinating stuff. And the great thing about blind guys is that they never catch you staring at them. Except, I'm sure they know. So I try to only glance every 30 seconds or so.

So while I was being extremely rude this morning, I was also listening to the ol' ipod. Guess who was playing? Two songs caught my ear this morning. "Another Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill" and "The Wrong Hands." The ASSNoHH song is currently not available on Youtube, so you're losing out. The "SSNoHH" is on there, but it's a completely different song. For real. The SSNoHH is this groovy, up beat song - it's like a party. The other one, however, is very sad and dark. Mostly about people being beat up on hammer hill. But I guess both things can happen on a sweet summer night. Anyway, an excerpt of "The Wrong Hands" is on youtube. I'll post it here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U2T1UYIOFlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did that work? Anyway, the basic premise of the song is that his ex girlfriend is dating someone else. His response is that he doesn't mind her leaving, but he doesn't want to see good love fall into the wrong hands. For some reason, that strikes me as really sweet, and as weird as it may sound, it reminds me of Ben. I wouldn't want our love to fall into the wrong hands, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment