Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I've never really understood hoodie vests

If you need a hood, you probably also need sleeves.

This week is a ho-hum week. The in-laws were here for a blink last week/weekend, but they had to go back home for a small work-related emergency. Our whole house feels sad about that. Scooter is still trying to figure out a way to get one or more of them to stay longer. Even though they're already gone. Bubba just comments on everything in relation to Grandma and Grandpa. I got out my high-heeled boots to show Scooter that Italy does, in fact, look like a boot (she begrudgingly agreed). Bubba said, "Mama has boots. Grandpa has boots, too!"

I've had hives on and off, almost daily since September. I've been doing a lot of internet reading about it today. Mostly, I've been checking out eMedicine because that's where my husband works, although I'm pretty sure he didn't edit the article(s) I read. It looks like I need to start some antihistamine therapy. Long term therapy. I took claritin the first few days I had hives, then switched it up to benadryl. Neither of them really took care of the problem. This article recommended upping the dose of claritin. I guess I'll try that for a while. Anyhoodle, the hives are likely caused by stress or a food additive, and not a contact allergy. My hair also started falling out a few months ago (more like 6 months ago, now). Chronic hives are also related to the third trimester of pregnancy, and hair loss occurs 2-6 months post partum. So, either I'm having a backward pregnancy, or it's stress.

I'm not feeling particularly stressed, but it could be that I've lived like this for so long, now, that it's my psychological "new normal" and my body is the only thing rebelling against the ridiculous nature of life. Scooter has asked to get off the phone with the ex immediately upon his calling just about everyday for the past couple of weeks. I hope she's doing ok. I often wonder what's going on in there. She has such an interesting take on her world.

No comments:

Post a Comment