Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

I'll post pictures tomorrow (or later this week) of the kids looking like pirates. I just wanted to write a quick (or long) blog about my day so far. You would expect Portland to be a good halloween city. I mean, 1/2 the residents are pretty much dressed for the ocassion every day. But today was special. First off, I got to wear jeans to work. Bonus! On my way in on the train, I saw a woman with cat whiskers and ears. I wasn't sure if it was normal, or dress up, though. I once saw 4 people dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland on the train. On a Tuesday. In August.

I hopped off the train and started my walk into work. A guy on a bike passed me. He was wearing one of those elmo furry vest costumes w/ the hood that's like Elmo's head. Ok. Not too strange. It was a little chilly, and the Elmo head covered his helmet perfectly. He said, "good morning!" in an Elmo voice. Hm...ok. That's funny. I got into work, and a woman came out of the bathroom wearing a tutu.

At lunch, I headed down to Pioneer Courthouse Square to pick up my monthly train and bus pass. I saw 2 zombies. As I passed a food cart, there was a sign in the window, "I'm sorry, we're closed today due to a zombie attack. We will rise from the dead to serve you tomorrow." I saw a girl with a darth vader mask on. To be fair, I'm pretty sure I've seen her before, though.

On my way back into the office, I saw a woman, dressed normally, except she had a crown on. Maybe she's royalty? It has been a fun halloween, so far. But I'm sure I could write a post with similar happenings on any other day of the year in this city. It's what makes living here so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment