Monday, January 16, 2012

Snowy day

Well, I guess I'll have to admit I was wrong. There was SNOW ON THE VALLEY FLOOR yesterday. It started snowing when we were eating breakfast. The soft, big flakes were falling outside of our kitchen window. It looked like our kitchen table was a "typical American family" set for a TV show, and outside our window, some grip was dumping flakes to make it look like snow. There was a light dusting on the grass. It was lovely. By the time we were done eating breakfast, the sun had come out and it had all melted. It did it again in the early afternoon. So beautiful. So short-lived.

The snow, then melt conditions in Portland meant that Mt. Hood was getting dumped on. 9 inches since 10 am yesterday, and it's still snowing. Yes, I've been stalking the Timberline webcams with the hope that I'll catch a glimpse of Scooter or Ben. It's still snowing up there. I can't wait for them to get home to tell me all about their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment