Friday, August 19, 2011

The Saga Continues...

My son still has that last binky. Monday night, we couldn't find it. It took FOREVER, but we finally located it, and he went to bed nicely.

Tuesday, he lost binky privileges. He had trouble listening at school, so he lost his pre-dinner mickey mouse clubhouse movie. That was pretty devastating. Then...he had trouble at the Nike store. What's left to lose? Binky. Oh, man. He actually took it quite well. We got ready for bed. He put his head on his pillow, closed his eyes nicely, and opened his mouth for his binky. I had to tell him that he didn't get a binky because he didn't listen at the store that evening. And you know what? He was OK with that. I mean, he cried for about 3 minutes, but after that, he flipped and flopped and cuddled with lamby and hippo until he fell asleep.

Wednesday, the binky was lost again. And this time, I didn't make any effot to find it. I mean, I did a cursory feel around his bed, and a quick look under, but then I just told him that I couldn't find it. He had trouble falling asleep, but he stayed in his bed and flipped around until he fell asleep. We're making slow progress.

Last night, Ben put the boy to bed. I had to run to the grocery to pick up food for our camping trip this weekend. Apparently, the binky is still lost. Bubba said he'd wait until I came home because then I'd find it (like I did on Monday, I guess). But he was asleep when I got home. Success!!!

The goal here is to have him off the binky before Scooter gets back from her dad's (AUG 28!!). I don't want him to be wailing in his bed about not having binky when Scooter's trying to fall asleep. The sensitive issue is that Ben's friend is coming into town today, and I also don't really want Bubba crying for hours on end when he's here, either. But I think we've turned a corner on this thing. I think we might be making baby steps in the right direction. I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment