Thursday, December 23, 2010

Is it the Wide World of Sports or the Wild World of Sports?

Either way, I suppose.

Scooter's still here.  Bubba's still here.  Ben's still here.  I'm at work.  Last day before the holidays.  Ben and I both worked from home on Tuesday and Wednesday (working from home is nice).  Ben kind of has to, since that's what he does, but I have a pretty flexible schedule and boss.  We kept Bubba home from daycare, which made working from home a little more difficult, but it also gave the kids some time to hang out together.  Yesterday on my lunch break, I took the kids down to the wetlands park to feed the ducks.  It was a blast.  After we ran out of bread, Bubba took off running into the neighborhood up there (where we've looked at houses).  I assumed he was planning on doing some door-knocking for bread.  After work, we went swimming in the pool at the apartment complex.  The water was warm, but the room was not.  I wonder if something was broken?  It didn't seem that cold the last time Bubba and I went...

I got a pair of rain boots for Christmas.  I realized I needed them about a month and a half ago when it started raining here.  And everyday (it seems) since then, I've thought about them on my walk to and from work.  I wore them today.  It was a little weird, as there was no rain.  It was in the 40s, no wind, etc.  It was actually a very beautiful walk into work.  So beautiful, in fact, that the puddles that I've been dodging for almost 2 months were dried up.  There was not one reason for me to be wearing rain boots this morning, but I didn't care.  They are awesome.

Ben has the day off, so he and the kids are planning on going to the children's museum and then meeting me for lunch.  I bet they have fun.  Bubba has been there before, so I'm sure he'll show them all the good stuff (ie, the digger room and then the ambulance.  they'll spend 3 hours in those 2 places...)  I hope Scooter doesn't get bored with the "baby" stuff...

I'm finally figuring some stuff out at work, and after today, I'm off for Christmas.  We're in for a busy few days until Scooter has to go back to Omaha. I'm kind of secretly hoping for a freak snow storm that'll close the airport for a few more weeks...

1 comment:

  1. I wish my huge calves would fit in rain boots. I'm a monster.

    ReplyDelete