Friday, December 17, 2010

Full speed ahead!

It's been sunny in Portland since I got back into town on Tuesday.  It's supposed to start raining tonight and continue raining until the forecast runs out, but it was nice to have almost a week of sun.  My coworkers refer to these days as a "sun break."  I quite like them.  High 40s, low 50s, sunny, brisk.  It sure beats the blizzard we went through in Omaha last Saturday.  And it helps gear up for 10 solid days of rain. 

We're finalizing plans for Scooter to come out this weekend.  She'll be here Sunday (the 19th), and she'll stay until the following Monday, the 27th.  I can't wait!  She's never been out here, so now is her chance to kind of explore a little.  It's too bad it'll be raining the whole time, but I'm sure OMSI, the Children's Museum and a quick trip up to Seatle will keep us dry. 

I missed my train this morning.  Actually, there are 2 that I usually take.  If I miss the first one, I can usually catch the next one 4 minutes later.  I missed that one, too.  And maybe even the next one.  Luckily, they just keep coming in the mornings.  While I waited, I found 2 pennies.  I was hoping for a lucky 3, but I'll be content with 2.  That means I've been here 96 days (counting all the days I've been back in Omaha and in Wisconsin), and I'm up to $1.04.  I'm starting to doubt whether I can keep this up for as long as I'll live here.  It'd be great to be up to 1000 pennies 3 years from now, but I really don't think Portland can sustain this type of generosity.  Afterall, the unemployment rate here is one of the highest in the nation...

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you should continue to find pennies but maybe not the bigger change. I know people who will go through their change and throw out the pennies because they don't want to deal with them. Personally I think those people are weird and always offer to take any unwanted change. That is probably the reason I have $40 in change in my apartment at the moment.

    ReplyDelete