Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Criminals have a right to a speedy trial; mothers do not

My mom referred to my blog today as an epistle.  It made me smile.  Even if one of the technical definitions of espistle is a communication to a person or specific audience, generally, terms like that are biblical in nature.  At the very least, I would use it in reference to a somewhat poetic letter.  My blogs are just kind of my way of a brain dump/stress unloader.  I would liken it to a cement truck.  I just dump out whatever's churning around in there, and once it's out here, it kind of solidifies into a concrete mass.  I'm aiming to make a pretty street or sidewalk, but often times, it's just this hardened lump, blocking your path. 

Anyway, I'm getting over my disappointment/despair/shock/etc of Monday.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still randomly crying throughout the day for no reason.  But over all, I feel better about things.  It could have been worse.  Our Feb 7th trial date, which should have been taken off the docket, and therefore filled up again with other stuff, was still listed for us.  You see, if they had taken our trial off the docket for that date, a bunch of criminals would have taken the date because criminals have a right to a speedy trial.  Families have no such right.  We just have luck, I guess.  So anyway, with my mom's biblical booster in mind, I'll think about this today:

"Love is patient.  Love is kind.  Love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant"  --1 Corinthians 13:4

"Mother is love" --Precious Moments writers

1 comment:

  1. Now that you've been blogging for awhile - what do you think of the experience? I know I don't get to get on here daily like I hoped, but I still read everything - even if it means catching up after the fact. I am hoping it's cathartic for you. And I love that your mom called it an epistle. That's perfect.

    ReplyDelete