Friday, September 16, 2011

Good Sam

I work for a healthcare system. It's pretty large: one of the top 10 employers in Portland. On my way into work this morning, a woman flagged me down at a stop sign. Her car window was rolled down, and as I walked up, she asked if there was a parking lot or parking garage around there. I asked, "What for?" She replied, "For my car!" he he he...

I rephrased, "Where are you going?" She said, "To the hospital on 22nd." Ah. Of course. She was heading in exactly the wrong way. I gave her directions to the three parking garages near the hospital, she thanked me (as the cars were piling up behind her) and I walked on my way. I saw her a couple of blocks later, parking her car in the system office parking lot. She was more than 3 blocks away from the hospital, but she was in a visitor spot, so I figured I'd just wave and let her be. It feels nice to help people out. I especially like helping older, Asian ladies. Don't ask me why. I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment