Thursday, September 29, 2011

Angry Birds

Have you ever played that game? I have not. I'm not really much of a gamer. I did, however ruffle some feathers last weekend.

A little background:
1. the ex is a bit of a control freak. He's super angry about losing the court case in March.
2. the ex gets airfare and hotel costs "reimbursed" by the state if he comes out to visit Scooter (up to his child support amount - basically, if he comes to visit Scooter and spends $800 on air and hotel, he gets a credit applied to his child support obligation, and Scooter doesn't get child support for the next month).
3. as such, the ex plans to visit monthly indefinitely.
4. Scooter spent 10 months at his house in the past year, during which time she slowly but surely moved almost all of her clothes over to his house, as well as several toys.

My thoughts:
1. if the ex truly cared about his child, he'd buck up and pay child support.

Apparently, my thoughts don't matter too much. But back to last weekend. I emailed him before he came alerting him to the fact that I didn't think it was wise for me to continue sending clothing and other items with her when she visited him, since I still haven't gotten anything back from his house. In fact, he admitted to throwing most everything away - including a stuffed animal that Scooter had bought with Christmas money when she was with me for a weekend in January. In the interest of objectivity, my email to him is below.*


Hi Adam,

Scooter had her ortho appointment at Ensley Orthodontics yesterday. Dr. Ensley said that her x-rays looked really good, and although there is some crowding of the teeth she currently has, it's pretty mild. They'll monitor her development annually until all of her permanent teeth are in, and then start treatment.

Scooter really wants to do Girl Scouts this year. The open house for that is on Sunday from 12 until 3 at Valley Catholic Church (4275 SW 148th Ave). Please make sure she makes it to that. Where are you staying this weekend? This will be a good opportunity for you to return the clothes she brought to your house last year. I'm reluctant to send anything with her this weekend, as you have a history of not returning her things.
What do you want to do for holiday travel this year?
Thanks,
Lori

* I changed her name. You know the drill.

His reply? Well...there was none. But after he picked her up on Saturday (after 11am - he had her for a total of 33 hours - which amounts to over $24 an hour), he sent me two emails, which are also below. They are verbatim, so please excuse the cursing.


Real fucking nice Lori.
 
Thanks for packing no clothes not even pj s or a t shirt.
 
You can drop them off at the hotel or pay me back for what I spend.
 
Next time pack some clothes for Scooter supermom.  
 
Thanks,
 
Adam
 

and this:

And vanicream.  Thanks asshole.
 
Additionally, he cc'd his wife on both emails, which is kind of a no-no according to the court order (I'll quote below):
 
 "Keep all communications regarding significant matters regarding the minor child between the parents who are 
parties to this agreement only, regardless of future relationships."
 
I guess technically, this was not a significant matter. But still. What bothered me most by those emails were not 
really the swear words (although for real, people...do you wonder why we divorced in the first place?!), but the 
grammar (syntax?) errors. "Next time pack some clothes for Scooter supermom."? I had no idea that her nickname 
was Scooter supermom. "Thanks asshole"? Whatever happened to commas in proper places? I don't think 
his emails meant what he thought they meant.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh... sorry that you are continually having to go through this stuff with him.

    Does this mean that I get to buy Girl Scout cookies from my niece this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. Apparently, there's not a real troop, yet? They're trying to start one? I'll keep you posted, though!

    ReplyDelete