Friday, November 18, 2011

Underwear? Under there!

We had a few underpants related funny business going on this week.

Scooter wore the same jeans to school on Tuesday as she had worn on Monday. Fine. Often times, I think she throws pants into the laundry when they're not dirty, and being the primary launderer in the house, this annoys me. Afterall, I dry clean my dry-clean only pants about once every 6 months or so, regardless if I wear them weekly or monthly. Surely after one wearing, her pant's aren't dirty. So I talked her into not putting that pair in the dirty clothes Monday night and went on my way.

Tuesday, she threw those pants on and left for school. About 4 minutes after she left the house (just enough time to get to the bus stop and back), she came back in and handed Ben a pair of underpants. Apparently, she had left her underwear in her pants when she took them off Monday night, and they fell out of her pant leg when she got to the bus stop. Oopsie! That had to be embarrassing, but Scooter just took it in stride in her completely practical way.

When I got home from work that night, Bubba met me at the door completely naked with a clean pair of his underpants on his head - eyes poking through the leg holes. We don't have the heat on at our house, yet, and it's pretty chilly. I asked Scooter why he was like that. "Oh...he had an accident and he went to change and just put them on his head." I asked if it just happened, and Scooter replied with a weird look, "Nooo??" Considering Scooter gets home around 3:30, and I usually get home shortly after 5, it might have been 10 minutes or an hour and a half of him laughing hysterically while running around with his "monster" underpants on his head.

I love it when my kids put stuff on their heads.

 Scooter used to put a lot of buckets on her head. That's why I so creatively called her "bucket head."
 Bubba in his baby helmet (he's still wearing it a year and a half later).
 Scooter in her first helmet (at 2).
This last one is Scooter at about the same age as Bubba is now. I can't believe how quickly they change.

No comments:

Post a Comment